Toggle Main Menu Toggle Search

Open Access padlockePrints

Low-toxicity ingestions

Lookup NU author(s): Professor Simon Thomas

Downloads

Full text for this publication is not currently held within this repository. Alternative links are provided below where available.


Abstract

Accidental ingestion of products found in the environment is common. It particularly affects young children aged 1–4 years, especially boys. Fortunately, many substances that are taken by accident have low toxicity and further observation or treatment is unnecessary. This article includes information on substances found in the house or garden that are of low toxicity when taken by ingestion. Medicines that are of low toxicity when taken in overdose are also described.


Publication metadata

Author(s): Thomas SHL

Publication type: Review

Publication status: Published

Journal: Medicine

Year: 2012

Volume: 40

Issue: 2

Pages: 53-54

Print publication date: 01/02/2012

ISSN (print): 0304-5412

ISSN (electronic): 1578-8822

URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mpmed.2011.11.003

DOI: 10.1016/j.mpmed.2011.11.003


Actions

Find at Newcastle University icon    Link to this publication


Share